[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri May 9 21:53:06 UTC 2014

On May 9, 2014 11:08 PM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 05/08/2014 01:42 PM, Travis Tabbal wrote:
>>
>> And I can bring another TV into the system for ~$50 (RPi, case, PSU, IR
receiver).

> Wow, I remember when MythTV was considered a high-end, luxury DVR system.
 I guess now, you all want cheap (and, no, I don't mean "inexpensive").

one factor is that reasonable TV panels are so cheap. I often see people
wanting to kit out houses with 5 or more TVs. They balk at that many $2-300
PC's but at $50 pis seems cheap. And yes the costs may vary widely
depending where you live, but the pi is usually pretty cost effective no
matter where you live.

> Personally, I'd rather spend my time working on a system that's more than
the minimal functionality required to call itself a DVR.