[mythtv-users] UPNP Media Server No Longer Working

Steve Boyer steveboyer85 at gmail.com
Fri May 9 21:10:12 UTC 2014

I tried today and am not able to get the MythTV UPNP Media Server
working. My setup:

server with tuner card --physical--> router --wifi--> other devices

This setup was working last week. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on it
still. I think I did a apt-get upgrade since then and the server is
now no longer working. I did another apt-get upgrade to get the newest
version of MythTV, hoping that this was just a bug and was fixed, but
it is still not working. I thought it was originally a problem with
the PS3. I've restarted it and the server, restarted the modem, and
have completely ruled out it being a network issue. I've tried
connecting to it through the blu-ray player in our room, the PS3,
through VLC, as well as the UPnPlay Android App. In all cases, they
see the server, but I cannot actually access or list any recordings. I
have not made any change to the MythTV configuration for months.

Output from VLC client trying to access:
[0x7f85f869ad28] upnp services discovery error: UPNP_E_BAD_RESPONSE
when trying the send() action with URL:
http://192.168.1.15:6544/CDS_Controlsc
[0x7f85f869ad28] upnp services discovery error: No response from browse() action

I've started a second media server on the same physical box
(mediatomb), and have been able to connect to it through my devices
and play fine.

Box info:
steve at minimoose:~$ uname -a
Linux minimoose 3.2.0-61-generic #93-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 21:33:33 UTC
2014 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

steve at minimoose:/var/log/mythtv$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27-229-g9f353cc
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140323-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
steve at minimoose:/var/log/mythtv$

Can anyone shed some insight into this?

Steven Boyer