[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Fri May 9 16:55:29 UTC 2014

On 9 May 2014 at 17:18:01, Gary Buhrmaster (gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com) wrote:
> I should state that I am not a fan of closed
> (licensed) hardware designs, especially for
> devices which claim to be for educational
> purposes (but actually appear to be a well
> run marketing campaign to make money
> for those who own the trademark). […]

Do you mean the trademark on the name? Because they wanted to call it the BBC Micro[1]. They “spent a significant period of time trying to attach the BBC name to this”.

Sam

[1] http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5118

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail