[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu May 8 12:14:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 08:10 -0400, Greg Thompson wrote:

> I believe XBMC looks the same everywhere since they decided to use All
> OpenGL for their interface, rather than QT and a window manager...

I'm not sure it really matters why, but just that it is the same, but
more importantly performs so well (does it?  that's what I've always
heard) on the class of small devices that MythFE just doesn't.

And so yes, MythFE could copy that and shed baggage, etc., but again
with the shoulders of giants.

Cheers,
b.