[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 04:13:43 UTC 2014

Point Blank: MythTV frontend on Raspberry Pi or equivalent ARM-based
diskless fanless small sub $100 board.  It looks like I'm one of the
few fans of the MythTV frontend interface (I haven't stopped running
my MythTV backend for several several years); I just don't like having
to have either a cheap huge PC or an expensive small PC to run the
frontend.  XBMC is too busy, cluttered, and awkward; but it runs
pretty well on a Raspberry Pi, so I do that instead of setting up a
frontend.  I could take or leave all of the other non-Myth stuff about
it.  I've got a Roku for that.