[mythtv-users] Excessive CPU usage with 27.5 x64 Fedora?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 00:12:25 UTC 2014

No Changes at all except the upgrade to .27-5.....

After doing some further investigation.....it looks like the thread
overload happens when the text on the menu page starts 'scrolling'
(left to right in the title list and up/down in the detailed summary
info box)....If I do something as stupid as changing the selection in
the video list the scrolling stops for a couple of seconds while it
loads graphics and metadata, during this time processor load is
nominal/normal....however as SOON as scrolling restarts CPU usage goes
through the roof.

I've done a strace dump and will have a go at analysing it.....

Any other ideas guys?