[mythtv-users] MythArchive 0.27 mythburn.py patch for cutlist support (HD-PVR)

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Thu May 8 00:10:15 UTC 2014

On 3/4/14, 5:59 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 04/03/14 02:27, Will Dormann wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> Projectx couldn't find the recording details via:
>> rec = DB.searchRecorded(chanid=chanid, starttime=starttime).next()
>> The chanid and starttime variables seemed OK and matched what's in my
>> recorded database.  But the above line fails with a StopIteration error.
>>   So if finding the recording via the channel and time fails, I'm falling
>> back to finding it via the recording filename, which was already stored
>> in streaminfo_orig.xml.
>
> I suspect a utc-related cause for this - but you've found a workaround.
>  Fine.

Hey John,

In setting up my new Mythbuntu 14.04 system, I figured I'd try using the
stock mythburn.py script with ProjectX 0.91 (installed from zip...
Ubuntu 14.04 still provides 0.90).  It exhibits the same problem that I
originally encountered above.   I applied only that part of my patch and
nothing else, and mythburn worked perfectly!   Commercial cuts and all.

Do you happen to know what utc-related issue might be causing this?
Sure, I have a workaround.  But I'd like to be able to use a stock
mythburn.py so that I won't have to worry about re-patching it when
MythTV is updated.    Possibly related is that I noticed that my
scheduled mythfilldatabase run time (via mythtv backend setup) is off by
my time zone's offset from UTC.    But show recording times and
everything else I can see seems to be fine.

Thanks
-WD