[mythtv-users] Dvd and blueray ripping

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed May 7 21:01:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 09:47:20PM +0100, Tony Gould wrote:
> Yes, agreed, I tried a few and it was a pain. Given that vlc plays
> iso files quite happily, I just rip straight to an iso. It just
> doesn't seem worth the effort to try anything more sophisticated.

   You can address the members of a collection individually rather
than treating them as belonging to a DVD which really doesn't have
any releationship to the underlying content beyond the fact that the
publisher just decided to arbitrarily group n+1 episodes of a show
together.

   It also makes it harder to get at "Measure of a Man" versus
keeping track of whatever DVD from whatever season that show
happens to be on.

   Disk images are also more awkward when it comes to mobile players.

   No annoying menus that are all different.