[mythtv-users] MythNews Slashdot RSS

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Wed May 7 10:31:52 UTC 2014

On 5/7/14, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> Overall, not as good an experience as it used to be.
>
> Be interested on what others are getting from this plugin...

I use it quite a bit but generally just ditch the feeds that aren't
parsed particularly well.
slashdot has never had enough s/n for me to bother...

My main beef is that parsing HTML entities (&gt; etc) often doesn't
work well which limits the usefulness of some feeds (e.g. google
news). Part of this may be the the upstream aggregation.

Sounds like an area where patches (to deal with change in the upstream
feeds) would be welcome.

Cheers
Vince