[mythtv-users] Log output of user jobs via MythLog class?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed May 7 08:30:44 UTC 2014

On 07.05.2014 10:10, Sam Jacobs wrote:
> On 7 May 2014 at 08:50:01, Mark Perkins (perkins1724 at hotmail.com) wrote:
>>> On 7 May 2014, at 5:01 pm, "Sam Jacobs" wrote:
>>> It might be helpful if you could somehow get the full description, as broadcast—do you
>> have an STB for the service, or perhaps know someone who does? That “s” at the end of the
>> subtitle is making me suspicious…
>>
>> I reckon the subtitle is just a truncated version of the description. The 's' at the end
>> of the subtitle is the first character of 'sie ein Fan der Detroit Pistons.' which are
>> the next words at the corresponding point in the description.
>
> You’re right—it was the “Sitcom” at the beginning of the subtitle that was throwing me off. I wonder why myth decided to remove *that* from the description but not the rest of the detected subtitle (for me the detected subtitle always gets removed from the description).

MythTV didn't decide anything, the broadcaster sends a short and a long
text. Some broadcasters do send an episode title (or some nonsense for
movies, not the tagline, but "Movie 2014 DE/AU" written differently
every time) but a shorter description instead.
One common thing with this broadcaster is to put a "genreword" *or* a
"genre sentence related to the series" in front of the short description.
Then start the long description with a generic series description
followed by a long episode description.

Regards,
Karl

PS: If anybody wants to setup a proper (and possibly free) guide feed
for their country, there's some tools for that, too.