[mythtv-users] OT: XBMC frontend use?

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Wed May 7 06:21:25 UTC 2014

On 7 May 2014 at 03:58:05, Phill Edwards (philledwards at gmail.com) wrote:
> I for one love mythfrontend and have never found a reason to replace it
> with XBMC.
>
> But I accept they do different things and there is definitely scope for
> them to sit side by side on the same machine.

This.

Although I’m probably unique amongst MythTV users, in that I actually *like* iTunes, and have all my media in it. Literally nothing, since the loss of Front Row, is able to present me with a 10 foot interface to my iTunes library that actually works properly, which I’m feeling quite acutely now because I sold my Apple TV (couldn’t justify having both it and the Mac mini connected to the TV).

What I don’t get is why every 10 foot interface feels the need to require me to use *their* piece of software to organise my media. Why can’t they read the tags that iTunes has placed in the files, and do the right thing? I added one file to mythvideo, just to test it, and I’m buggered if I know why I have *three* entries, two of which won’t play, and none of which show any of the tags…

Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail