[mythtv-users] Strange files in Recordings directory

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 7 03:36:37 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 10:16 PM, Mike Carron wrote:
> I have discovered strange files in my Recordings directory, strange
> because there is no channel (1)781 in my channel lineup. They are real
> recordings though, and are actually shows from the Food Channel
> ((1)742) which had been scheduled to record but which never appeared
> in the Recorded Programs display. My channel lineup is completely from
> Schedules Direct, I have never run a channel scan.
>
> Here is the log surrounding one such recording.

Looks like you have a broken channel configuration with duplicate and/or
shadowed channels (and it's causing recording failures when MythTV tries
to use those channels).

My recommendation is the "Delete all video sources" approach at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 (as it
will clean up everything--whether it's displayed in the UI or
not/whether you find the broken channels or not).

Also note that depending on your configuration, channels may be
automatically added to your system by mythfilldatabase, so it's
important to have your Schedules Direct lineup properly set up (without
extra channels) and (assuming a scannable capture device, such as a
digital tuner) have your scanned channels properly linked to the
Schedules Direct channels by specifying the proper XMLTV ID.

Mike