[mythtv-users] Log output of user jobs via MythLog class?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed May 7 00:12:51 UTC 2014

On 05.05.2014 21:12, Nicolas Krzywinski wrote:
> Am 03.05.2014, 03:02 Uhr, schrieb Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>:
>
>> Setting a season / episode at the recording rule level makes sure that
>> it uses the correct grabber as can get successful hits in the wrong
>> database (ie a hit in The Movie Database for a tv series). Setting non
>> zero season and episode values will prevent the Movie grabber being used.

> I can not remember exactly, but I think there were problems with
> specifying both, season and episode numbers as I set up my recording
> rules and wanted to fetch artwork. Therefore I set up the season number
> only. And as it is not a single recording rule, specifying the episode
> number would be wrong.

A recording rule usually is for a specific showing and others. Basically
you say "record this program, and all other episodes of the same
series". If it was a generic "record this series" then the season number
would be wrong, too.

>> Actually, did I read somewhere a while ago that EIT doesn't have
>> subtitle info? Or did I just make that up?

> There may have changed something really recently!
> Because suddenly there is much more text in the recording list, have a
> look at it here (compare the episodes of the tv series "New Girl" from
> 26.03. and 27.03. with 02.04. and 03.04.):
> http://www.site7even.de/temp/mythtv-eit-data-changed.png

There is no concept of subtitle in DVB EIT, you only got a short text
(that some stations put the episode title in, but mostly its just a
short text) and a long text. Some network add private data on top that
does contain a usable episode title.

Unitymedia (and KabelBW?) appear to have switched to a new supplier of
EPG data. Now their short text contains a short text and newer (as far
as I can see) the episode title. But they added program and series ids.
Sadly the program ids are not of the quality that would be useful for
duplicate matching...

I have a fix for that on "the list" that would just get the genre
"Sitcom" from the short text and throw the rest away if there is a long
text. But I got distracted every time I wanted to code it up.

If you see "eventis.nl/<here goes a UUID>" in your guide data, then
you've got the new improved guide data.

Regards,
Karl

PS: due to adding their own descriptive texts you can't simply search
the internet for the episode to find out the title :/