[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue May 6 18:25:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 07:46:35PM +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 7:35:19 PM, you wrote:
> > On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 06:36:44PM +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> >> chain. Channel priority etc. Also a thing I don't understand:
> >> Here in the Netherlands EPG data is by law only available 4 days in
> >> advance. At 4 o'clock at night the new day becomes available. I have a
> >> show that plays on saturday with a rerun on monday. It at first gets
> >> scheduled on saturday, but as soon as it gets the monday info, it gets
> >> moved. Why? The only difference being the schedule on monday being less
> >> crowded.
>
> > It sound like you'rer either using a Find Weekly rule or there is
> > soemthing else about the Monday showing that makes it more attractive
> > than the Saturday one.
>
> > David
>
> Yes it is a weekly rule. And obviously it finds the monday more
> attractive, but the only difference I know of is the schedule being
> less crowded and that before February when I added a recorder it had
> to move. It's like it remembers the old situation!?

For weekly ahd daily rules, the "week" or "day" begins at the time of
the program you used when you created the rule.  In your case, the
week for your program starts at some time after the Saturday showing
up until the time of the Monday showing.  As far as MythTV is
concerned, it is recording the first available program every week.

Why are you using a weekly rule?  There are only two real uses for
weekly (and daily) rules.  One is to artificially throttle the number
of programs recorded.  The other is to compensate for the lack of
any/accurate episode information, but you know a priori when the first
new episode is shown.

David
--
David Engel