[mythtv-users] move recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 6 17:12:54 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 01:03 PM, jacek burghardt wrote:
> I just setup arch linux and mythtv on my 1 u dell server with 12tb of
> hard drive space. Now I am trying to move my recordings from old
> backend I dumped recorded and when I try to restore it on new backend
> I get ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 23: Duplicate entry '1' for key
> 'PRIMARY'
> How I can fix this or is there better way of moving recordings ?
>
> How do I remove non existing backend and it tunners from database ?

Did you do a complete backup?  Are you doing a complete restore?
There's no supported way of "merging" databases and a "partial" restore
can only be done on an empty database (and is a complete waste of time
since all it throws away is your settings/configuration, which you'll
have to redo completely from scratch).

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Mike