[mythtv-users] Dvd and blueray ripping

Rob Jensen bertaboy at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:02:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>     This is pretty easy to guess at by looking at the table of contents.
>
>     Characterize stuff as 30m shows, 60m shows, or feature films and then
> determine what you've got the most of. Then rip that. This is what my
> wrapper for mplayer does.

Most of the blu-rays I have include multiple playlists with
out-of-order segments to deter people from ripping.  There are some
good fora out there where people report which playlists work for them
based off specific versions of the disc (e.g. some retailers have
custom versions.)

MakeMKV definitely is a must for blu-rays, though.  Well worth the
money to keep the media separate from the players.  Just temper your
expectations of timing - it takes me the better part of a day to
convert a film to x264/MKV.  It's a good thing Handbrake has a decent
queuing system.