[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 6 13:22:52 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 07:45 AM, Nathan Wray wrote:
> Hi all, I've had a bit of trouble with a show that matches two
> different schedules with different priorities. I'd consider the
> behaviour I'm seeing a bug but I'd appreciate any feedback on fixes.
>
> 1) I have a PowerSearch named "HD Documentary" that is set to priority
> (-10), with a definition "program.hdtv > 0 AND program.category =
> 'Documentary' ".
> 2) I have a specific schedule for "Cosmos" any time/any channel, HD,
> with a priority of 99.
>
> When I click on Cosmos, it says it won't record it because it matches
> "HD Documentary" and there are more important things to record like
> Spongebob re-runs, due to the low priority on that schedule. If I
> disable "HD Documentary" it correctly records Cosmos.
>
> I would expect that if a show matches multiple searches, it would
> apply max(priority) - is there something I'm overlooking here?

I'd need to see the output of mythbackend --printsched to know exactly
what was happening, but it's possible you were just being shown the
wrong information and it would have recorded, anyway.  If that's the
case, it's a known bug in the display code that's being worked on
(and/or fixed in a more recent version than you have).

> I had to leave the HD Documentary search disabled to get Cosmos to record.

You should have just done an override to "Record this specific
showing."  There's no need to disable the other rule.

Mike