[mythtv-users] Multiple HDPVRs Modprobe Settings

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun May 4 19:06:47 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Martin Compton <martinc at itrans.com> wrote:

> Do both HDPVRs use the same input types (component, etc)?

Yes, I use component and SPDIF.

> Does MythTV handle setting/changing the inputs okay?

I only set them in mythtv-setup when defining the tuner. I haven't tried
changing them because component/SPDIF are the only inputs that are active.

> Did you set 'default_audio_input' and 'default_video_input' under
> /etc/modprobe.d?

No. All I had to do was set them in mythtv-setup (I'm using 0.27)

> FYI: Ubuntu 12lts now has explicit entries for each HDPVR under
> '/dev/v4l/by-id' and '/dev/v4l/by-path' and that's how I reference them in
> mythtv-setup

I suppose that works too as long as you can count on Ubuntu not ever
deciding to change their device naming convention for whatever reason. I
like thd udev solution because I get to choose the device name to use and I
know it will not change.

--Greg