[mythtv-users] FileIO management during recording process

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Sun May 4 01:48:51 UTC 2014

Lately I noticed that when mythtv records directly to my unRAID server over
NFS, weird things happen to my recording file if the unRAID "mover" script
happens to wake up to transfer files from my unRAID cache drive to the
protected array.  The mover only picks up files that are closed, so this
makes me wonder if it s possible that myth periodically closes and reopens
a file that is actively being recorded. Seems unlikely but I thought I'd
ask.