[mythtv-users] Video breaking up after installing new video card

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri May 2 23:45:10 UTC 2014

> > 2) My video goes very blocky and smashes the picture up. When this
> happens the audio also disappears. It happens quite a lot (many times per
> recording).
> >
> > What is the best way of fixing this? Do you just have to try lots of
> different playback profile and interlace settings until you find one that
> works? Or is there a more scientific way?
> >

> > #2 sounds like a signal strength issue, I needed better coax connectors
> to resolve this in my system.

Thanks, I think you're right. I copied the file to a PC and played it on
there and got similar results.

I'm using a HD Homerun with DVB-T broadcasts. Recently I also installed a
DVB-T PCI card to get more simultaneous recordings. Is the problem more
likely to be signal strength or I/O bottleneck? I guess signal strength can
be fixed with some sort of boost device, but an I/O bottleneck would mean
buying faster disks.