[mythtv-users] HDPVR S/PDIF troubles

John J Tucker mythtv
Thu May 1 03:49:08 UTC 2014

Will,

I have used firewire in the past with the Comcast cable setup and it worked great but I'm with DirecTV and their STB has a web services interface that is even better that the firewire interface I used.  There is more functions and more info that comes back from the STB.  I absolutely hated the on/off toggle switch that Comcast uses.  In other words I could not tell if the STB was on or off and since the command would just turn the STB off if it was on and on if it was off, it was worthless for me.

adios,
jt