[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime addition

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Fri Mar 28 21:42:37 UTC 2014

My cable company finally contacted me to graciously let me know that all
my great QAM channels will be going away in April. I have Mythtv .27
that has been running with the same database for over 10 years.

I've purchased a new HDHR Prime and got a CableCARD from my cable
company. If I hook it up now and run the scan, will it find the QAM
channels as well as the channels the card allows me to access?

I would like to remove my current tuners (2 original HDHRs and a
PVR-500) to get the new HDHR Prime working, but I'm worried that there
may be channel mixups between QAM and authorized channels with
recordings.

--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://oddprocess.org

Gentoo Linux i686 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5520 @ 2.27GHz
17:31:33 up 43 days, 8:19, 4 users, load average: 0.14, 0.13, 0.14