[mythtv-users] So confused. Firewire to STB - channel change script - mythchanger

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Mar 27 21:24:10 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> You need to point your iPhone at the emitter, not the cable box. It should
> blink when you issue the `irsend SEND_ONCE RNG150 power` command. It can be
> easier to see this if the room is dark, by the way (doesn't have to be
> black, but try turning the lights off).

You can get a feel for what it should look like by looking at the ir
emitter on your remote control when you push a button.

As far as needing an IR receiver, if you're not too far from the
Comcast office, it wouldn't hurt to pick one up.  I don't believe they
charge extra for them.

Probably you don't need one, but it may be easier to get the alignment
right if you do use one, so they just tell you you need one to save
themselves some trouble.

Eric