[mythtv-users] Intermittent grey preview, recording won't play

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Wed Mar 26 06:58:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:46:03 +0000, J.Pilk at tesco.net said:

> > Does  mythfrontend -O FFMPEGTS=1  work?

Yes, thank you.

> I think that will only work if you have ffmpeg installed, and I notice
> that your pastebin posts are all with mythffmpeg.

I installed mythffmpeg specifically to create those pastebin posts
because I was asked to post the output of "mythffmpeg -i
xxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxx.mpg". I had ffmpeg installed on the back end, and I've
now installed it on the front end.

> The simple workaround is to ensure that you stop recording /before/ cbbc
> goes off air at 7 pm.

Thanks - at least that explains why I have the problem. I typically record
from five minutes before until ten minutes after a program, so I will need
specific rules for CBBC if I want the previews generated correctly (or is
there an easier way?)
--
Blog: http://goo.gl/iOwv1w

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone
who will never be able to repay you."