[mythtv-users] Do HD channels fallback to SD on tuning problems ? [was: multiple transmitters - same channel]

Xander lexvictory at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 24 04:56:18 UTC 2014

On Monday, 24 March 2014 12:08 PM, Xander <lexvictory at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Apologies for nuking the message history; using the terrible Yahoo webmail.

>For finding frequencies, you'd be better off using the government's sites: (cant seem to get >it to function at work tho today)
>"You can use mySwitch for technical
>information regarding TV signals in your area, including frequency,
>licensing, polarisation and coordinate details. To do so, click on the
>link below and then click on 'More coverage information' in the
>'Coverage summary' section on the left. Scroll down to the 'Technical
>information for (your area)' section. "
>http://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au/

>As for bothering with SBS HD; last I knew it was 99% upscaled SD - has this changed?
>Freeview's EPG doesn't mark anything on the 720p channels as HD as far as I can tell...

>Can you describe how you know Myth switches to the SD channel? I don't quite understand that >myself (or have missed something)

ok, turns out it needs an actual street name to find things. (sorry if the formatting here fails!)

Newcastle - note retune date of 08/09/2014 on the site:

5838/NBN Site MT SUGARLOAF
Lat (GDA94) -32.89019596
Long (GDA94) 151.5388949
Service
Network Owner
Freq(MHz)
Channel
Polarisation
Pat
Licence No
ABC ABC 592.5 37 H OD 1157333
SBS SBS 599.5 38 H OD 1157380
NBN NBN 585.5 36 H OD 1157405
5839/Broadcast Australia Site MT SUGARLOAF
Lat (GDA94) -32.89191996
Long (GDA94) 151.5382358
Service
Network Owner
Freq(MHz)
Channel
Polarisation
Pat
Licence No
NEN Prime 704.5 53 H OD 1190620
NRN Southern Cross Austereo 690.5 51 H OD 1157404

Wyong (unsure if this is applicable to you)

40356/CTF Wyrrabalong Trig Site Monopole 27 Cromarty Hill Road FORRESTERS BEACH
Lat (GDA94) -33.40486362
Long (GDA94) 151.4752805
Service
Network Owner
Freq(MHz)
Channel
Polarisation
Pat
Licence No
ABC ABC 592.5 37 V DA 1157801
SBS SBS 599.5 38 V DA 1158070
ATN Seven Network 760.5 61 V DA 1158054
TCN Nine Network 767.5 62 V DA 1158067
TEN Network Ten 788.625 65 V DA 1158031
NEN Prime 746.5 59 V DA 1158110
NBN NBN 809.5 68 V DA 1158114
NRN Southern Cross Austereo 725.5 56 V DA 1181952