[mythtv-users] Over scan hides left edge of setup screens

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Mar 23 03:45:16 UTC 2014

On 3/22/2014 8:18 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 03/22/2014 04:30 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>
>> If your TV does not support pixel-accurate display, use the display
>> wizard to define the viewable extents of your screen. Zoom modes are
>> only to correct for video, not hardware.
>
> I remember trying to use the display wizard weeks ago but had no
> success with it. As I recall I couldn't figure out how to point to the
> various corners.
>
> At any rate, I now have the problem resolved (as seen in my just prior
> post).

The select key (usually enter) should swap between the top-left and
bottom-right corners.  Depending on the overscan, you may not see one
corner or another without moving it to the center of the screen.  Older
versions of MythTV (prior to 0.27) did not function properly if you
tried to use the wizard when you were already using a custom geometry.
0.27 starts it in a new application and forces an unconfigured geometry
to bypass this issue.

Since you've already discovered and configured the geometry settings,
those are the end product of the screen setup wizard.  The wizard is
just there to get you close to the desired setting, after which you can
fine tune.