[mythtv-users] Resolved: Over scan hides left edge of setup screens

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Mar 23 00:15:59 UTC 2014

On 03/22/2014 03:41 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 22/03/14 20:25, Dick Steffens wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> Is there some other way to access and modify the list of channels to be
>> included in Favorites, other than from the setup screen in the front
>> end?
>>
> Does mythfrontend --geometry 720x480 help?  Or perhaps 600x400+64+64?
> (as a temporary setting)

Yes, it does! Thanks for the gentle application of the clue stick.

Back when I was first setting things up, and was reminded of the various
aspect ratio options supported by the TV, I had adjusted the display
settings on Setup > Video > Appearance to X = 1270, Y = 710, X offset =
5, and Y offset = 5. I never went back and fiddled with those numbers to
get just the right ones. When I ran mythfrontend --geometry
600x400+64+64 I saw that there was unused space to the right and top.
That was when I remembered about the place to set those on the
Appearance screens. I tried a number of settings and settled on
1250x690+20+25. Those give me good appearance for HD in the TV's Full
setting, and good appearance for SD in the TV's Zoom setting.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens