[mythtv-users] "Record Only This Showing" & duplicate matching

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Mar 22 13:27:28 UTC 2014

> On Mar 22, 2014, at 12:08 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> If I do this to trunk (where I am currently on fixes/0.27) is it going to upgrade my mythconverg database to something that fixes/0.27 can't use? Or is the database always kept in step between fixes/0.27 and trunk?
>
> I don't want to accidentally kill my production system, it runs really smoothly...

There are changes between fixes and trunk so the upgrade is a one way street. But, you never have to pollute your production database. It's easy to make a copy (recent MySQLs have a copy utility) and point myth at that and switch back when you're done.

For testing with a different version I use a virtual box instance with its own IP so my production myth is totally out of the picture. More recent developments like lxc and docker.io make even that approach obsolete. If you think you'll ever do any amount of hacking they're worth looking into.

But anyway, there's no need to risk your production system on something that will be confirmed or explained away in the next week or so.

- George