[mythtv-users] "Record Only This Showing" & duplicate matching

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Mar 21 15:24:16 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:38:53PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2014, at 3:07 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
>
> >> It seems like the definition of "this showing" has evolved - I remember it meaning this programme, this time and this channel but the rules I'm getting have it has this show this timeslot and any channel but with a focus on the one selected at rule create time even though the "this channel" filter isn't enabled.
> >
> > No, it still means this title, this time and this channel (as defined
> > by the callsign), just like it always has.
>

> I tried it yet again and what you're saying is true for 0.27 but not true in trunk as of Feb 27.
>
> In all cases I did "record this showing" for shows broadcast at the same day/time on two different channels (as defined by callsign) and having specific program ids (eg, ending in non-zero digits). In 0.27 the rule affected only the channel I selected while in trunk it scheduled the channel I selected and the other channel showed "single recording - other channel". That "other showing" thing prevents me from creating a second "record this showing" rule as a backup which is my complaint.

Please provide some specific examples if you can, preferrably
involving major US networks that I already have in my lineups.  I'm so
busy right now I can barely see straight and really can't afford the
time to haphazardly try to reproduce the problem.

Anyway, I seriously doubt it's a change in the scheduler proper.  I'm
more inclined to believe it's a bad reporting problem dealing with the
"other channel" reporting logic, which was changed by another
developer recently.

David