[mythtv-users] frontend crashes after upgrade to nvidia 334.21

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 04:17:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi All,
>
> It took me some time to find the cause. Today I ran a general update
> of both my backend and frontend. Among them was un upgrade to nvidia
> drivers 334.21. During the upgrade livetv I was watching crashed and
> after restarting mythfrontend trying to open any recording made
> mythfrontend crash.

Apparently this is a "Well known" issue (check the archives)..

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/691399/-334-16-crash-in-libglesv2-with-glgenbuffers-/

As you found out, the fix for most (for now) is to downgrade.
Depending on your packaging, you can apparently also
remove various nVidia libraries (the GLESv2 ones) to avoid
using them.

Note that 334.x was a "big" update for nVidia, with some
important new features (especially 64 bit EGL and GLES
support), although with the usual set of bug fixes.  New
64 bit GLES support, and a crash in nVidia GLES libraries
seem to be more than just a coincidence.  I am sure it
will all get resolved, eventually.