[mythtv-users] multiple transmitters - same channel

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Mar 19 16:46:43 UTC 2014

On 19/03/14 16:19, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Fair enough, but some of the transmission parameters you have to provide to create a transport from scratch can be less than obvious. Why do that when you already have at least one in the table that you know works?
>
> Going from questionable memory, and it's some time since I last did it, but I'm fairly sure all you need to do is select the "scan a specific frequency" option (and enter the frequency). You don't need to give all the other stuff, it gets that itself as part of the scan same as it would if you just used the "scan everything" option.

I think it depends on the device driver, too.  With my DVB-T/T2 PCTV
290e I have to enter the frequency, 8 Mz bandwidth and 256-QAM before it
will see the DVB-T2 mux; given that, all else usually follows from the
linking.  But I don't have a significant multi-Tx problem here.

AFAIR, initially I had almost given up on it - but then left vlc looking
for an unspecified DVB-T signal and came back to find it playing in HD.