[mythtv-users] MythWeb - Refresh page behavior

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 19:19:48 UTC 2014

Hoi Tom,

Saturday, March 15, 2014, 7:45:12 PM, you wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
>> Is there a setting in MythWeb that controls where the page loads when
>> refreshing the page in the browser?
>>
>> If I'm looking at a page other than the current date/time and I refresh the
>> page, it returns to the current date/time. Is it possible to have it return
>> to the date/time that it was on at the time I refreshed it? Or, if I clicked
>> on a program to set the record parameters and then click on back, it doesn't
>> get around this be opening the recording parameters page with right click,
>> open in new tab.)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dick Steffens
>>

> Actually no, and I'd say there's no way it could.  The reason is that
> changing times etc within the listings navigates in place updating the
> current page using ajax requests, and as a result doesn't change the
> base URL of the page you're on.  The same is the case with any web
> based app that updates the page via ajax.  The only way it could
> behave the say you're describing would be for all the navigation to
> actually  resubmit the entire page rather than using ajax, which would
> be painfully awful for a whole list of reasons.

> The only other way that could happen would be to remember the
> time/whatever in the session, which wouldn't just retain that when you
> refreshed the page, but *every* time you went to the page, which would
> clearly be undesirable as well.

> Tom

This is a thing that has been annoying me too. And I understand the
difficulty, but couldn't the view moment be saved with a save
timestamp, where this save view is only used if it is for instance
less then an hour old? Or even 30 minutes.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop