[mythtv-users] Recommendations - WinTV-DCR-2650 vs HD Homerun Prime

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Mar 14 23:01:48 UTC 2014

On 14/03/14 09:56 AM, Philip Isaacs wrote:
> Thanks Raymond.
>
> Opps I fogot to mention. I already have a WINTV HVR 1600 which has a
> ATSC tuner built into it. That's what I want the Antenna for. So it
> sounds like any antenna will do.

Well not quite. It depends on whether you are close to, or far from the
transmitters, and whether you have a good direct view or not.

If you can at all arrange it, mount the antenna on the roof/chimney so
that you get the best view. You may need a larger antenna with more
range if you are near LIS and want to try to capture signals from NYC.
That might not work at all.

One thing which is always true: size matters. You can't really go wrong
in buying a bigger antenna.
The HVR 1600 should be fine.

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury