[mythtv-users] Need help with migration Mythbuntu 10.04 -> Mythbuntu 12.04

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:29:55 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

snip...

>> 2) Need to fix themes?
>

> No theme errors in the info you posted--just a couple of messages telling
> you that you have some old, legacy, pre-0.22 (IIRC) themes on your system
> that it's refusing to use (because they're legacy themes).

To get rid of these, are there just theme files to delete or would it
involve mysql commands (I can manage, but kinda like being told to take
nasty tasting medicine)

>> 3) Need to get MythMusic Schema updated.
>

> How do you know it didn't?  "Timed out waiting" isn't an error.
>

>> Anyone care to weigh in on how I go about fixing any one of these (or
>> report that it can be ignored) and how I could (should?) have avoided
>> the problem(s) in the first place?
>

> The how is the standard (and almost universally ignored) approach:  post
> logs (not excerpts).
>
> The person who doesn't know what's happening and why it's not working is
> really (no offense intended), the worst possible person to decide which
> information in the log is important.  So please, post the full log, as
> described at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs .
>
> Mike

None taken.  Had never learned how to put files in pastebin and hated to
stuff logfiles wholesale in mail.

Here are the frontend and backend logfiles from today's equally
unsuccessful test run:
mythfrontend.log <http://paste.ubuntu.com/7090687/>
mythbackend.log <http://paste.ubuntu.com/7090685/>

Thanks for the advice on using (and how to use) pastebin.

--
Craig.