[mythtv-users] Looking for a cheap and easy to set-up IR receiver

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 23:31:48 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I have decided to remove the PVR-350 from my mythbox.  I am no longer doing
analog capturing so the only purpose of the card is for the IR receiver it
came with so I figure I should remove to allow for better air flow (the two
slots next to the video card are otherwise used up and causes the video
card to get hot and loudly spin the fan).

When I take out the PVR-350, I will need a new IR receiver.  Can someone
recommend a cheap and easy to set up USB receiver?  My motherboard does not
have a serial port but I am open to other methods of connecting an IR
receiver (although I don't even know if such methods exist).

Thanks in advance.