[mythtv-users] Moving MythTV backend to another computer

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Tue Mar 11 14:54:31 UTC 2014

Hello!

My current setup (0.27) has a dedicated BE/FE where I have the tuners. This is powered off whenever it is not recording or when we a watching a recording.

I also have a desktop/server which is a FE and is running 24/7.

To make it easier to update the recording schedule etc. I would like to move the BE and the database to the desktop/server but still have the tuners in the current BE/FE. The hostnames will be kept for the different systems.

Is this possible without too much trouble and should I follow the instructions at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration ?

Are there any pros/cons I might have to consider?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson