[mythtv-users] Latest thoughts on small silent frontends

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:23:55 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:05 PM, Greg Thompson <gthompson20 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> I ran qvdpautest on my frontend just now, and I see this:
> MIXER TEMPORAL_SPATIAL + IVTC (1920x1080): 83 fields/s
>
> It appears to be fast enough now?

Yes, it should be.  It appears that a newer nVidia driver has
improved the processing performance (which also means that
they could change it again to result in lower performance (
or break the driver entirely, like the 334 drivers).  I guess I
should add in another line.

* nVidia keeps changing their driver, which may result in
  differing results and capabilities over time.

Thanks for the update.  You should provide your results
to the benchmark site(s).