[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime questions

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:24:55 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM, Phil Staub <pestaub at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3/7/2014 2:40 PM, Greg Thompson wrote:
>>>
>>> Does you cable company use SDV?
>>

>> I have no idea. I know they have video on demand, but I'm not sure how to
>> determine whether they use SDV.
>
> If you're not sure, then they don't.

Cox in Nevada is claimed to use tuning adapters (SDV) in at
least some of their franchises (Las Vegas, in particular) in
at least the TiVo forums (starting June 2013, or so).

Since tuning adapters are only needed with OCUR devices
(STBs have the functionality embedded) it is not at all
unusual for a new OCUR device owner to not know they
need a tuning adapter (and the CSRs that provide the
CableCARD are not always thinking about the customers
complete needs when they provide the CableCARD).

The OP probably does need a tuning adapter (unless
Cox reverted their roll-out of SDV, which seems unlikely).