[mythtv-users] WinTV-HVR1100 and Nova-TD Stick udev rules (Solved)

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 21:49:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 3:21 AM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> adapter2 is just a directory containing the device nodes frontend0, demux0,
> dvr0, net0, most/all of which Myth requires for the tuner to function
> correctly.
> Theoretically, creating a symlink adapterHVR1100 -> adapter2 should be
> sufficient. However, you'll have to come up with your own rule to do that.
> The easier approach documented in
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev#Example_DVB_udev_Rules_file
>
> is to create a new directory (adapterHVR1100) containing symlinks to each of
> the nodes.

Thanks!  This wiki page is just what I was looking for.  I still
didn't get it working, but on re-reading your reply I think I know
what my mistake is.

However...

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> My Nova TD PCI cards are easy to fix the adapter numbers for, and my
> understanding is that the PCI card is virtually the same as the USB
> version, just with a PCI-USB chip on the front.  Just create a file
> such as options-dvb.conf in /etc/modprobe.d and put something like
> this in it:
>
>   options dvb_usb_dib0700 adapter_nr=0,1
>
> As long as you do not have any other DVB-T tuners using the dib0700
> driver...

I don't have any other devices using the dib0700 driver, so this works
fine, thanks!

I'd still like to go back and understand the udev rules, but that will
be much lower priority for now.

Thanks also to Hika and Daryl for your assistance.

Cheers,
Alistair