[mythtv-users] Mythtv Android Fronend list shows but no episodes

steve networks1 at cox.net
Sun Mar 9 13:31:21 UTC 2014

On 3/8/2014 6:22 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 03/08/2014 06:54 PM, DryHeat122 . wrote:
>> I have installed MythTV Android Frontend on a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. It
>> seems to connect to the backend ok.  So for example when I click on the
>> guide icon it shows the guide, and when I click recordings it gives a
>> list
>> of shows.  But then when I click one of the shows in the list nothing
>> happens, i.e. it doesn't list the episodes.  Anyone know what the
>> problem
>> is?
>
> If the 10.1 you mention above is the MythTV Android Frontend issue,
> then you're better off using the 1.20.6 beta version. See:
>
>     https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.mythtv

It's the version on Google Play, 1.10.1. The above link yields "file not
found."  New to Android, so I'm not sure how to manually download and
install the newer package from Github.

> (as opposed to 10.1 the Galaxy model.)
>
> Your earlier post said you have/will have "latest mythtv" suggests
> that you're running MythTV version 0.27 and 1.20.6 runs better with
> it.

To be precise, it's a fresh install of Mythbuntu 12.04.3.  I *thought*
this would be the most recent backend version, but I checked and in fact
it's 0.25.2.  I looked at Synaptic and it has some updates, but only for
0.25, and "mark for upgrade" is greyed out.  How do I get upgraded to
the latest?

A related question I've wondered about before: On updates, there is a
MythTV item, then a bunch of items for MythTV components.  Am I correct
to assume that if I update the main item it updates all the components?

> As to not seeing anything when you click on a show, if you haven't
> already, press the resync icon (circled arrows) and try again. There
> is a problem with the apps handling of corrupt time stamps. Go to the
> FAQ (press the vertical ellipses in the upper right.) The see the
> 3rd suggestion from the bottom.

My interface doesn't have vertical ellipses, but I found it on Github.
Not sure where the mysql select they mention is the be executed.  On the
Android app I suppose, but not sure how to modify that.

> And, both of your posts regarding this question made it to the
> mailing list OK.

Strange.  I never got the posting sent back to me (option is selected in
list preferences), but did for this message.  Maybe gmail was hiding it
somewhere.