[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime questions

Stephen Baker stephen at wildwood.baker.org
Sat Mar 8 20:32:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-07 at 19:14 -0800, Phil Staub wrote:

> On 3/7/2014 5:53 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Phil Staub <phil at staub.us
> > <mailto:phil at staub.us>> wrote:
> >
> > Your case is authenticated but not activated and it's going into some
> > sort of fallback mode where some channels work. I tried to explain to
> > Comcast's ADVANCED tech support that my card isn't activated/validated
> > but got nowhere. They're sending out a tech (at no charge if the problem
> > is on their end, haha) but I don't know what they are PHYSICALLY going
> > to do.
>
> I don't think my problem is the activated/validated case; My card
> authentication/validation status is reported as 'success' to both on the
> CableCard status page.
>
> At this point, I think I'm going to try the QuickTV suggestion mentioned
> in one of the links. I'll check out all the offending channels. If the
> problem shows up there, I'll see if I can locate someone at Cox to
> figure out how to get the firmware updated.
>
> Thanks again for the pointers.
> Phil

This sounds exactly like the problems that I had with a Ceton InifiTV
and Charter.  I could not tune channels until the card was authenticated
AND activated  It too four different calls to customer support of over
an hour each before I was routed to the cable card activation
department.  Even then, the rep didn't understand that the device didn't
have a display.  Until you are asked for the hostid and one other item
(I forget which) your cable card cannot be activated.  This link may
help you in bypassing the 1st tier (we can roll a truck) support.
http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/cablecard-activation/

Steve