[mythtv-users] Question about MythMusic

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Wed Mar 5 19:39:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am using version 0.27-fixes from the git repo.

I recently implemented MythMusic with the intent to make some of my CDs be
available in the office where the BE resides. I have no problem with the CD
ripping process as long as the CD is properly identified. Unfortunately, some
commercial discs are identified as a completely different artist. In addition, I
have a number of homemade CDs created from a vinyl original.

After seeing the directory structure created by the process, I had naively hoped
that renaming the files and rescanning for music would create corrected entries
in the database. Of course, that failed. A search found
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/407460, which is a mail
thread describing how to clean out the MythMusic database. Unfortunately, that
changed nothing.

What should I do to be able to enter my music in the selection page with the
corrected info?

Thanks,

Larry