[mythtv-users] MythArchive 0.27 mythburn.py patch for cutlist support (HD-PVR)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Mar 5 11:11:28 UTC 2014

On 05/03/14 07:28, Paul Harrison wrote:

> Has anybody experimented with piping the output from mythtranscode into mythffmpeg directly and setting ffmpeg to produce a DVD compatible output complete with NAV packets that in theory can be passed directly to dvdauthor.
>
> If that works we can get rid of projectX, mythreplex and mplex altogether.
>
> Paul H.

I think Paul Gardiner has been an advocate of piping with mythtranscode.
  And I believe the current MythArchive pal-dvd/ntsc-dvd profiles
(without copyts?) have nav packets.

While I understand the wish to remove dependencies I wouldn't want to
abandon ProjectX.  Over the several years that I have been using it (and
my workflow uses it twice, doing the cuts in mythDVBcut) the failure
rate has been very, very small.  Before that I would get occasional
failures, probably from recordings with minor faults, and there seemed
to be no way to recover. Building up the same level of confidence in a
new scheme would be a long process that I have no real wish to start.
As far as I'm concerned, it ain't broke...

Cheers,

John P