[mythtv-users] MythArchive 0.27 mythburn.py patch for cutlist support (HD-PVR)

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:37:56 UTC 2014

On 3/4/14, 5:59 AM, John Pilkington wrote:

> I suspect a utc-related cause for this - but you've found a workaround.
>  Fine.

Yeah, I read about some UTC issues, but I also thought that they were
addressed in recent builds.  I also tried doing a query directly in
mysql for "chanid" and "starttime" values that are passed to
generateProjectXCutlist(), and it does show a recording for me. I didn't
dig into the internals of DB.searchRecorded(), though, which is why I
use the workaround.

The mytharchive package I'm using is (MythBuntu 12.04):
2:0.27.0+fixes.20140226.28b768a-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2

> I'm still using this with ProjectX 0.91.0.09/25.01.2014 TEST PROJECT
> ONLY , User: John, - from a recent tarball, without obvious problems.

OK, looking at mythburn.py I see that ProjectX 0.91 or later is
required.  I suppose I also assumed that if Ubuntu packages mytharchive,
they would also package a projectx version that is required by it.  I have:

ProjectX 0.90.4.00/30.03.2006 TEST PROJECT ONLY

> I have a procedure and a version of mythburn.py that works for me - for
> DVB-T, and as long as the calling parameters remain unchanged - so I may
> not rush to try yours; but thanks for posting it.

I don't blame you.  It's likely that if I had a more recent (supported)
version of projectx, my patch would have been much more trivial.  And
for the very same reason (what I have now works) I'm unlikely to muck
with it more.  In hindsight, I should have been working with a supported
projectx version from the start, but what's done is done.  :)

-WD