[mythtv-users] tuner numbering

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 23:55:26 UTC 2014

On 03/01/2014 03:15 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
 > Seems OK. I then have one thought left. rename the directories to
> adapterHP1250 and adapterPC800i. It is theoretically possible that
> mythtv looks for names starting with adapter.
> If that doesn't work, I'm out of thoughts for now.

I believe it's better than theoretical if you also add .../frontend*,
see:

     https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/cardutil.cpp#n292

Looks any /dev/dvb/adapter*/frontend* would be included in the list
of returned DVB devices.  So, /dev/dvb/adapterHP1250/frontend0 would
work, although I didn't test it.

--
Bill