[mythtv-users] tuner numbering

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 21:04:18 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Daryl,
>
> Saturday, March 1, 2014, 2:11:08 PM, you wrote:

>>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ grep -i video /etc/group
>>> video:x:44:mythtv
>>>
>>> "should show that mythtv & daryl are members"  does it?
>
>> Good morning Roger and Hoi Hika, I went ahead and added the
>> GROUP="video", opened the BE set up, and even though:
>
>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -i /dev/dvb*
>> 8104 adapter0  8484 adapter3  7988 HP1250  8634 PC800i
>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$
>
>> the symlinks seem to be in force, same scenario, no presentation of
>> symlink name, and error message if I type it in.
>
>> I changed the numbers to 1 and 3 for the PC800i and HP1250
>> respectively in /etc/modprobe.d/dvb-options.conf and only the later
>> picks up. Why are there four different numbers preceding the adapters
>> and symlinks?    Daryl
>
> As Mark says, try ls -l /dev/dvb to check the group ownership of the
> directories. Either they should be owned by the video group or have rx
> permission set on world.
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens
> --

Thanks Gentlemen, I'm thinking this does show what we were looking for:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -l /dev/dvb
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Mar  1 11:50 adapter0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Mar  1 11:50 adapter3
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Mar  1 11:50 HP1250
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Mar  1 11:50 PC800i
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$    Daryl