[mythtv-users] tuner numbering

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 13:11:08 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 23:26:34 -0000, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hoi Roger,
>>>
>>> Saturday, March 1, 2014, 12:16:06 AM, you wrote:
>>>
>>> Permissions can't be the problem on the simlinks, simlinks inherit
>>> from their source. But it can be on the directories! I don't know
>>> without research, but can you set the group of the directories on
>>> video,... or are they already?
>>>

>> True. The GROUP "assigns group ownership of the device file to the video
>> group". Yes, I would expect them to be already and I've never had to use
>> them but, IIRC, they were discussed on the earlier thread and you never
>> know! Desperate measures....

> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ grep -i video /etc/group
> video:x:44:mythtv
>
> "should show that mythtv & daryl are members"  does it?

Good morning Roger and Hoi Hika, I went ahead and added the
GROUP="video", opened the BE set up, and even though:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -i /dev/dvb*
8104 adapter0  8484 adapter3  7988 HP1250  8634 PC800i
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

the symlinks seem to be in force, same scenario, no presentation of
symlink name, and error message if I type it in.

I changed the numbers to 1 and 3 for the PC800i and HP1250
respectively in /etc/modprobe.d/dvb-options.conf and only the later
picks up. Why are there four different numbers preceding the adapters
and symlinks?    Daryl