[mythtv-users] random livetv stalls

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 07:27:52 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> There's currently a branch you can test with all the changes in:
> devel/027candidates

I didn't experience the original problem, but can at least say that this
hasn't introduced any observed new issues.

Just for reference, starting the backend produces:

$ sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mythtv-dev/lib
/usr/local/mythtv-dev/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
2014-03-01 13:11:12.178406 C  mythbackend version: devel/027candidates
[v0.27-177-g24aa672] www.mythtv.org

FYI, watching live tv at the top of the hour a couple of times:

   1. Only watching live tv (no recording) produced a negligible flicker,
   distortion in maybe 1 or 2 frames, and again as the program changed
   (nothing I'd worry about).
   2. Scheduling a recording, then starting live tv (on the same channel),
   resulted in a freeze of 3 - 5 seconds during the transition from the end of
   the scheduled recording to just watching live tv.

This is on a 2005 era pentium 4 with 2G RAM, all data is on a single
physical disk with two ext4 partitions (OS and data).

I usually start the front end with --service so it picks up the settings
from /etc/mythtv/session-settings, however running:

$ /usr/local/mythtv-dev/bin/mythfrontend --service

simply shows the help text.  Is this expected?

Thanks!
Alistair