[mythtv-users] Mythvidexport User Job Fails

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jun 30 19:58:15 UTC 2014

On 6/30/2014 12:16 PM, Mike Carron wrote:
> If it is a regular show that does not have season/episode data,
> mythvidexport will fail. If it has a description that doesn't match
> what is in thetvdb.com then mythvidexport will fail. The failure mode
> is the External system call failed.

If the description does not match, then it doesn't matter, because the
description is never used for matching anyway.  If the season and
episode is lacking, it will try to use the episode subtitle.  If the
subtitle cannot be matched, it will revert to a generic export that
defaults to using just the title.  In none of these cases should it
crash, or report that the external grabber has crashed. Crashing should
always be considered abnormal behavior, and something to be fixed.

If the external grabber is crashing, as indicated by "External system
call failed", then we need a traceback to figure out why.