[mythtv-users] Minimize frontend?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 30 10:40:27 UTC 2014

On 06/29/2014 12:53 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Matt Emmott wrote:
>> One of the annoyances is that the Myth FE lives in a fullscreen all
>> the time mode
>
> You can run mythfrontend in a window:
>
> mythfrontend --help
>
> -geometry OR --geometry          Specify window size and position
> (WxH[+X+Y])
>
> So,
>
> mythfrontend --geometry 1024x768
>
> Would get you a windowed version of myth at 1024x768

Unless it's a one-time override, you're really better off setting both
of the relevant settings in frontend Appearance settings rather than
using overrides:

Use window border
Toggles between windowed and borderless operation.

and

GUI width/height (pixels)
The width/height of the GUI. Do not make the GUI wider/taller than your
actual screen resolution. Set to 0 to automatically scale to fullscreen.

(In other words, why configure MythTV to run in full screen mode and
then always say, "Ignore what I've configured and do it this other way
instead"?)

Mike